Cluttered home, cluttered mind. Have you guys heard that expression? Well, more and more research is coming out that parallels a cluttered home with a stressful home.
Today’s instructor, Monica Leed, began organizing in 2012, co-founding Simply Spaced, an organizing service focused on transforming cluttered minds and spaces. With a full roster of celebrity and high profile clients, Simply Spaced is one of the most sought after organizing companies in Los Angeles.
Monica believes everyone can live in a beautiful, joyful home that inspires creativity, calm and purpose, regardless of size. Her want for everyone is the ability to transform their home into a haven that supports them to live their best life.
By the end of this class you will have action steps for living with less, concrete steps for decluttering your space and tools and tricks to think like an organizer.
Why do you think simplicity and order are so important in the home?
- The home is a mirror of the self. Outer order contributes to inner calm.
- We spend 80 percent of our lives indoors.
What are your action steps for living with less?
- Simplify, streamline and style.
- First, declutter- do you love it, need it or use it?
- Second, streamline- optimize your space.
- Third, style- let go and optimize, but also style it so it’s a reflection of you.
How do homeowners need to shift their mindset to think like an organizer?
- Be grateful for the things that you have, and realize you’re never ultimately satisfied.
- You can get the same high from organizing that you do shopping, once you shift your mindset.
- Use the method to approach one space in your home- it can even be a drawer. Simplify, streamline and style!
Simply Spaced: Clear The Clutter & Style Your Life