A house that’s been decorated with intention always inspires you to stay a bit longer. You know- those types of homes that just feel warm, and authentic and a true extension of the people who live there? Today’s guest Ashley Petrone, has that kind of home- and if you’ve ever entered her feed, you know it’s real hard to leave.
Ashley was a stay at home mom who had a creative side waiting to be unleashed. She started a blog and instagram page after being encouraged to do so by friends, and her whole life changed. In April 2017, her family sold their 5 bedroom home, bought 2.2 acres of land to build a house on, and moved into a 180 sqft. trailer on their land.. Ashley designed the trailer and her husband renovated it- resulting in images that made them an instagram cult favorite. Their love of trailer life grew, spurring a business, renovating trailers and airstreams for others.
On her popular blog, Arrows and Bow, Ashley shares her journey of renovating, living tiny, and encouraging those around her to find joy in the in-between.
By the end of this class you’ll know the ins and outs of living in a tiny home, have tips for designing with intention and have some money saving DIY hacks in your arsenal.
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR KIDS INVOLVED IN DIY PROJECTS?
- Give them a task that speaks to their personalities.
- Don’t make them feel like they’re in the way.
WHAT IS DESIGNING WITH INTENTION?
- Things that go in your home have a purpose or you love them.
- Put extra time and thought into the things you have.
- Put design into the actual structure of the home, you don’t always have to bring in STUFF.
WHAT ARE SOME DIY MONEY SAVING TRICKS?
- Find something you like and create it with what you have.
- Sand down and stain furniture.
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SCARED TO GET STARTED:
- Just go for it in terms of DIY! Don’t be fearful, just have fun.
AIR BNB TIPS:
- Don’t do instant booking when it’s in your backyard.
- Get some information about who’s coming in.
- Walk around your home and pick 5 things that you love! It helps you to appreciate and enjoy the space that you’re in.
AIRBNB: Click here!